Thermoplastic elastomers are a unique class of materials that combine the key processing and recycling properties of thermoplastics with many of the physical properties of thermoset rubbers such as elasticity, low compression set and high flexibility.
Ravago produces a wide range of different thermoplastic elastomer grades: TPE-S, TPE-V, TPE-O under the brand names Enflex® Ezprene® and Ensoft® are produced by Ravago’s factory Enplast in Turkey. TPE-S, with the brand name Sconablend®, is produced at Ravago Plastics, Germany. TPU Ravathane® is a new member of a broad TPE family produced by Ravago Group. TPU Ravathane® is produced at the production plant Ravago Kimya, Turkey.
TPU Ravathane® is a thermoplastic polyurethane block copolymer formed by a reaction of iso-cyanates and diols. Dependent of the soft part a Polyester based or a Polyether based TPU is possible.
Thermoplastic polyurethane Ravathane® exhibits:
- Polyester based hardness from 60 Shore A to 70 shore D
- Polyether based hardness from 80 Shore A to 65 shore D
- Excellent abrasion resistance
- High elasticity
- High tensile & tear strength
- Oil resistance
- Excellent low temperature properties
TPU Ravathane® can be used in a wide range of temperatures. TPU Ravathane® can be used in temperatures ranging from -40°C to 80°C, and some grades even up to 120°C short-term.
Polyether based TPU’s are mainly used in applications where excellent hydrolysis and microbial resistance is needed.
Typical Ravathane ® TPU applications:
- Consumer (shoe soles, phone cases)
- Automotive (under the hood and suspension applications such as shock absorber, bushing, another as well as interior and exterior parts)
- Industrial & Construction (conveyer and drive belts, durable wheels, rollers, hoses, sheets, film road cones and deliners, tiles)
- Electronics (cable jacketing, housings)
- Agriculture (tubing, cattle ear tags)
Loading, please wait